Another storm damaged tree to fell whilst working in London
This time it was a fairly large Elm (Chinese I think) that had lost a major scaffold limb and was now heavily unbalanced with a large wound close to the base.
A fairly easy fell with only a few targets, I decided to use it as a bit of a training exercise for our second climber that we are training up at the moment. To ensure he wouldn't be working out of his comfort zone I went up and removed the one half of the tree that could of potentially damaged anything.
This then meant he could take his time, practicing proper technique without the burden of pressure to get the job done quickly
The tree was completed safely with no drama and provided some valuable experience.